How do I start getting free school meals?
You may be entitled to free school meals, saving yourself money and helping to further enhance your child’s education by providing additional funding for the school.
Whilst universal free school meals are currently offered to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, the school may not receive the additional funding to which we are entitled.
Your child can get free school meals if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income-based: income support / jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related: employment support allowance Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Children Tax Credit - provided parents are not entitled to Working Tax Credit & have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal credit - for those applying after 1 April 2018, household income must be less than £7,400 a year.
Apply online at https://schools.lewisham.gov.uk/parentportal.