PE and Sports Funding
PE and Sport Funding Grant
About the PE and sport premium
All young people should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. A positive experience of sport and physical activity at a young age can build a lifetime habit of participation and is central to meeting the government’s ambitions for a world-class education system.
Physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, as well as their mental wellbeing (increasing self-esteem and emotional wellbeing and lowering anxiety and depression), and children who are physically active are happier, more resilient and more trusting of their peers. Ensuring that pupils have access to sufficient daily activity can also have wider benefits for pupils and schools, improving behaviour as well as enhancing academic achievement.
How to use the PE and sport premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they provide. This includes any carried forward funding from the 2019 to 2020 academic year.
This means that you should use the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that your school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
You should use the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators.
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Details with regard to funding
Total amount carried over from 2019/20
Total amount allocated for 2020/21
How much (if any) do you intend to carry over from this total fund into 2021/22?
Total amount allocated for 2021/22
Total amount of funding for 2021/22. To be spent and reported on by 31st July 2022.