We are delighted to announce that Downderry Primary School has been awarded the Artsmark status for our broad, balanced and high quality arts provision. Some our strengths highlighted by the Arts Council include:
- Integration of the arts into your creative curriculum and using arts-based approaches to support pupils to access learning. The extent to which pupils choose creative approaches and demonstrate arts skills in their home learning indicates the quality and impact of arts teaching
- A strong relationship between the arts and ICT, developing pupils’ skills in both subject areas. Your use of ICT in assessing progression in the arts and celebrating pupils’ achievements with a wide audience is also notable
- You have strong music provision and pupils are clearly enthusiastic about opportunities to learn instruments
- Use of visual arts to create a stimulating and high quality learning environment
- A range of arts partnerships enabling pupils to work with local artists as well as to access the
- cultural offer of London
Thank you for all staff, pupils and parents for their support in the arts.